The Syrian Government agreed to the Kofi Annan peace plan. Why won’t the armed “opposition” do so as well? We’ve seen it all before, and it’s becoming so obvious that one would have to live in a cave under a rock not to have noticed it… one can’t take the words of the USA through its international spokesman Hillary Clinton at face value. If you tell a lie, if it’s big enough, and you repeat it enough, people will believe it. During the Bush years, it was a key tool of the USA on the American public, now, they’re exporting it, and, as America continues to attempt to take over the world on every front, they attempt to subjugate the entire world to their “big lie”.
Hillary Clinton just can’t seem to get enough of making provocative, if not factually challenged, statements about Russia, but wait, I’m getting ahead of myself. What we’ve seen before is what’s become the standard modus-operandi of the USA in invading countries and raping their resources. To wit:
- Make a lot of noise about a humanitarian crisis and if one doesn’t exist make it up or create it (lie 1).
- Make sure the country can’t fight back, force them to disarm (Iraq, Libya, Iran, and now Syria), or get rid of their defensive weapons (lie 2).
- If needed, arm the opposition in the country, no matter who they are, and deny it (lie 3).
- Create a reason for a military invasion, this can be weapons of mass destruction, implementing a no-fly zone, etc. (lie 4).
- Take control of needed resources through front companies, planted officials, and the like (lie 5).
- Make millions on reconstruction of the countries they destroy, for the good of the people, of course (lie 6).
Now, let’s look at the latest lie by Hilarity Clinton, I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but how can you not laugh at some of the utterly hilarious things she says, such as, “…we came, we saw, he died”. Outrageousness! This time, Clinton continues in the same vein by claiming that Russia’s arming the Assad régime to kill poor demonstrators. Of course, it must stop, and, of course, it’s up to the world’s great policeman to come in and blow the hell out of everything in the country (and pillage, of course, and rebuild, no doubt). Which they can’t do yet… because, guess what? Russia sold defensive weapons to Syria. I repeat… defensive. Defensive. Defensive. Defensive.
Now, in reality, Clinton knows this, just as she knows Russia was fulfilling contract obligations when it supplied and serviced Syrian transport helicopters, something we talked about recently. Comments she was forced to take back, by the way. However, the USA needs to make sure that Syria can’t fight back before they invade it (was the recent F-4 downing a test case?). It’s a cowardly strategy, just like the use of drones controlled from the comfort of some bunker in California, by some guy who doesn’t even have to make sure who he’s killing. Therefore, Clinton will keep up the big lie about Russia arming the evil Syrian government, whilst her CIA is running arms to the Syrian opposition and importing terrorists into the country to continue the violence and the killing of Syrian civilians.
Interfax recently reported that Clinton said that it was important that Russia stop providing Damascus with weapons. She stressed it was of utmost importance to cut off the arms supply to the Assad régime, and continues to ignore Russian claims that none of the weapons it’s ferried to Syria are used to crack down on protests, saying the USA has a different opinion. Of course, you have a different opinion, Madam Secretary of State, this doesn’t fit into your prepared scenario, and any weapons of the defensive type must be gotten rid of because the USA needs to be able to go in, wipe out the country, and suffer no casualties, otherwise, the voters back in Iowa might get upset when their boys start coming home in body bags and all of those involved in launching another unprovoked war might have to answer for their deeds.
Given that we know that the USA is just itching to launch an attack on Syria, and continue their damn-it-all-cowboy-diplomacy of shoot first and get paid for the cleanup later, given that we know that the CIA’s backing, funding, and arming the Syrian opposition, it isn’t surprising that said “opposition”, if you can call armed insurgents, mercenaries, and imported terrorists that, have now, lo-and-behold, refused to enter into peace talks and are complaining that participants in the Cairo conference “reject any idea of armed interference to save the people”. This doesn’t fit into American plans for an invasion, and they won’t rest until they see Bashar Assad brutally murdered, as they did with Hussein, Gadaffi, Milošević, and others.
Let’s pause for a minute and look at the Kofi Annan peace plan and at exactly what the Syrian “opposition” opposes in it. The text of the six-point plan:
- Commit to work with the Envoy in an inclusive Syrian-led political process to address the legitimate aspirations and concerns of the Syrian people, and, to this end, commit to appoint an empowered interlocutor when invited to do so by the Envoy.
- Commit to stop the fighting and achieve urgently an effective UN-supervised cessation of armed violence in all its forms by all parties to protect civilians and stabilise the country. To this end, the Syrian government should immediately cease troop movements towards and end the use of heavy weapons in population centres, and begin pullback of military concentrations in and around population centres. As these actions are being taken on the ground, the Syrian government should work with the Envoy to bring about a sustained cessation of armed violence in all its forms by all parties with an effective UN supervision mechanism. Similar commitments would be sought by the Envoy from the opposition and all relevant elements to stop the fighting and work with him to bring about a sustained cessation of armed violence in all its forms by all parties with an effective UN supervision mechanism.
- Ensure timely provision of humanitarian assistance to all areas affected by the fighting, and to this end, as immediate steps, to accept and implement a daily two-hour humanitarian pause and to coordinate exact time and modalities of the daily pause through an efficient mechanism, including at local level.
- Intensify the pace and scale of release of arbitrarily-detained persons, including especially vulnerable categories of persons, and persons involved in peaceful political activities, provide without delay through appropriate channels a list of all places in which such persons are being detained, immediately begin organising access to such locations and through appropriate channels respond promptly to all written requests for information, access or release regarding such persons.
- Ensure freedom of movement throughout the country for journalists and a non-discriminatory visa policy for them.
- Respect freedom of association and the right to demonstrate peacefully as legally guaranteed.
The Syrian Government agreed to the plan. Why won’t the armed “opposition?” In an interview with Bloomberg, Clinton was asked about article 7 of the UN Charter to which she replied, “…if Kofi Annan comes to the Security Council and reports to us that the government’s not cooperating, that other parties aren’t cooperating (does she mean the USA will go in and stop the armed insurgents?), that he’s not making progress. Then, I think we’d have to act”. Chapter 7 of the UN Charter authorises implementation of military force to ward off any threat to the global peace.
Very interesting, the single most dangerous country in the world today, and the single greatest threat to world peace is the USA and their plans for global domination, (the Project for the New American Century anyone?). In reality, we could apply Article 7 to the USA. In the name of world peace, the world could get together, and in the name of world peace, rid these homicidal lunatics of their weapons of mass “humanitarian intervention”.
Voice of Russia World Service