Workers of the World, Unite!
A mural in contemporary St Petersburg…
- The people gathered here share different opinions, but when it comes to basic values such as culture, health, economic revival, and the support of all forms of property, they’ve united their effort.
- Let’s not divide the country into the victorious and vanquished. Together, we’ll revive Russia.
- We must come out as a single front against the greedy bourgeoisie.
- The “international community” is today no more than another name for imperialism, with the United States in the lead.
- The Earth is a spaceship that moves with an enormous speed through the universe. This spaceship accommodates more than 6 billion cosmonauts. It’s clear that the Earth’s resources, as those of any spaceship, are limited. The barbarian capitalism and rapacious consumerism imposed by America flagrantly contradicts Earth’s nature, and the Earth has started to take merciless revenge… with the savage hurricane that flooded New Orleans and powerful fires. If we don’t fight capitalism, we will simply destroy the Earth and die on this ship.
Head of the Presidium of the KPRF
Head of the KPRF faction in the RF Gosduma
Tsar, Priest, Oligarch… the curse of the working people.
This is the absolute classic of them all. To have omitted it would have been a crime.
Illiteracy is blind, defeat and misfortune await it everywhere.
A strong culture creates firm cooperation.
Cooperation is open to everyone.
Reading is a necessity for mankind.
What have you done for the front?
The working class pulled the world out of darkness, illuminating it with the light of enlightenment.
Light and knowledge for the people.
From darkness to light, from battle to book, from sorrow to happiness.
Cooperation helps people to create brotherhood.
We are NOT slaves!
Day of (Supporting) the Wounded of the Red Army. For Socialism! Forward to victory!
To have more one needs to produce more. To produce more one has to know more.
Contrary to what one hears from rightwing nutters, the Reds didn’t win because they were brutes… they won because they offered a vision of the future that was more attractive than that offered by the Whites. We do history an injustice if we don’t admit that there were wrongs to be righted in Tsarist Russia. Don’t forget… the Reds DID put up Cooperation and Sharing as goods… unlike the GOP/Tea Party/Neoliberals, who put up Greed, Selfishness, and Pride as goods. I seem to think that one of these things isn’t like the other…
THIS is why the New Russia that’s emerging is a mixture of the best of the White and Red legacies. No country has been unshaken by the current Bush-fomented Great Recession… every country shall have to change… here’s what Gennady Andreyevich had to say on that:
A new revolutionary situation is taking shape. It’s only emerging, but one thing is clear… the winds of history are again filling the sails of the left-wing forces, our sails. By contrast, clouds are gathering and lightning is flashing over the heads of the supporters of capitalism, and, very soon, a great thunderstorm of transformation will break out. Humanity, which has been led into a dead end by the champions of greed and egoism, and by apologists for unbridled consumption, needs such a purifying thunderstorm. Over the past 20 years, the bourgeois ideologists in the West, and those who echo them in Russia, have been vehemently arguing that the general crisis of capitalism was something invented by Marx and Lenin. Now, we see the garish wall of globalism crumbling. What is happening before our eyes fully vindicates the thesis of Marx and Lenin about imperialism being in a dead end. The gigantic financial bubble, which the Americans have been blowing out for nearly half a century, has burst, and its metastases have riddled the planet. The world monetary system turned out to be a banal pyramid scheme built by the Americans in order to cheat the whole world.
The more things change… is 2011 merely another 1916 (with different specifics, of course)? Only time shall tell us…