Voices from Russia

Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Russian Forces on Heightened Alert

russian-soldier

______________________________

According to Deputy Minister of Defence Anatoly Antonov, the Russian Federation raised the combat readiness of the Central Command Post of the General Staff and the control centre for troops in Aerospace Defence due to missile tests in the Mediterranean. He called the region a powder keg and warned that if a fire starts there, “it may spread not only to neighbouring countries, but also to other regions of the world”. The launches in the Mediterranean Sea were part of joint tests between Israel and the USA. The first reported detection of two ballistic missile launches in the Eastern Mediterranean area came from the Minoborony. Antonov added that the Russian forces are closely monitoring everything that happens in the Mediterranean region.

4 September 2013

Voice of Russia World Service

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_09_04/Russian-Forces-on-heightened-alert-Antonov-8372/

Editor’s Note:

The USA is playing with matches around a rapidly-spreading pool of petrol… and giggling. In the end, there’s no difference between the Right of Centre neocons and the Centre-Left humanitarian interventionists (there’s a slight, but perceptible, difference in their general political slants). Despite surface disparities, they’re the same underneath… “The USA will rule the world because we’re better than everyone else is”. Doesn’t their vacuity scare you? (Orthodox people should note that Potapov, Lyonyo, Paffhausen, and Alexander Webster (and the konvertsy in general) are part of this noisome lot). American power is much like a McMansion… glitzy and impressive on the outside, but cheap softwood plyboard underneath… that is, something that’ll break and fail at the first serious strain. The Affluent Effluent has partied hearty over some thirty years of hubris and voodoo economics… but now the bill is due. Did you notice that they expect us to pay for their toot? Just sayin’…

BMD 

Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Still More on the Missile Event

00 Iskander missile 02

______________________________

On Tuesday, an official from the alliance told RIA-Novosti that NATO has no information about the launch of “ballistic targets” in the Mediterranean; it’s looking into those reports. Earlier on Tuesday, Minoborony said that its early warning systems detected the launch of two “ballistic targets” in the Mediterranean. The Pentagon, the UK and French Defence Ministries, and the Israel Defence Forces all told RIA-Novosti that they had no information about such launches. A French Defence Ministry spokesman said, “The Defence Ministry can’t confirm these media reports. This is all I can say”. A Minoborony spokesman said that a radar in Armavir detected the launch at 10.16 MSK (23.16 2 September PDT. 02.16 EDT. 07.16 UTC. 17.16 AEDT). The targets’ trajectories ran from the central to the eastern Mediterranean. Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu reported the launch to President Vladimir Putin. The Minoborony press service wasn’t immediately available for further comment. The Russian Embassy in the Syrian capital of Damascus said that it didn’t have any information about the launch.

******

An Israeli Defence Ministry official in Tel Aviv said that the Israeli military launched the two “ballistic targets” detected Tuesday in the Mediterranean by the Russian military as part of a joint US/Israeli test of its missile defence system, saying, “The launches we’re talking about were a test of the Anchor target missile that’s used for testing our missile defence system”. The launches were part of joint tests with the US military, and that radars in Israel successfully tracked them. A diplomatic source in Damascus told RIA-Novosti that the targets fell into the sea. A RIA-Novosti correspondent reported that the streets and residents of the Syrian capital appeared calm.

3 September 2013

RIA-Novosti

http://en.ria.ru/russia/20130903/183137203/NATO-Probing-Mediterranean-Ballistic-Launch-Reports.html

http://en.ria.ru/world/20130903/183138071/Mediterranean-Ballistic-Targets-Were-Part-of-Israeli-Test–Defense-Ministry.html

Clarification of Missile Event in Mediterranean

arrow2anti-ballistic20missile_h

______________________________

On Tuesday, Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu reported to President Vladimir Putin that Russian missile detection systems registered two launches of ballistic missiles in the Mediterranean region, apparently, from the eastern coastline. Minoborony said that the launches took place at 10.16 am MSK (23.16 2 September PDT. 02.16 EDT. 07.16 UTC. 17.16 AEDT); the early warning system in Armavir in southern Russia detected them. The event comes amidst growing expectations of Western military action in Syria. The Syrian Embassy in Moscow said that it had no information on the nature of the ballistic launches.

******

Minoborony reported that the Russian early missile attack warning system registered the launch of two ballistic targets in the Mediterranean Sea, saying, “A crew of the radar division of the system in Armavir detected the launch”. The flight trajectory of the two ballistic targets extended from the central part of the Mediterranean Sea fired towards the Sea’s eastern coastline. The launches took place at 10.16 MSK (23.16 2 September PDT. 02.16 EDT. 07.16 UTC. 17.16 AEDT); the early warning system in Armavir in southern Russia detected them. Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu reported the event to President Putin, which came amidst growing expectations of Western military action in Syria. The Russian embassy in Syria said that it saw no sign of missile attack or explosions in Damascus after Aramvir detected the launches. A spokesman for the Russian diplomatic mission in Damascus said, “I know nothing about this”. The Pentagon denied any knowing of the alleged Mediterranean missile launches. Israel also said that it was unaware of any ballistic missile launch in the eastern Mediterranean. A military spokesman in Jerusalem said, “We aren’t aware, at this time, of such an event having occurred”.

******

RIA-Novosti cited a source in Damascus as saying that the two ballistic “objects” that Russia detected near the eastern coast of the Mediterranean on Tuesday fell into the sea. Meanwhile, the UK Ministry of Defence said that they were “aware of the launch”, but had nothing to do with it.

******

According to a Syrian security source quoted by Lebanon‘s al-Manar television on Tuesday, Syria’s early warning radar system didn’t detect any missiles landing on Syrian territory. On Tuesday, Russian radar detected the launch of two ballistic “objects” in the Mediterranean Sea, but RIA-Novosti reported that there was no sign of a missile strike on the Syrian capital Damascus.

******

An US official told the CBC that no American ship or aircraft launched missiles in the Mediterranean Sea. Also, the NORAD press service told Interfax that the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) has no information on the launch of ballistic missiles in the Mediterranean Sea.

******

Interfax reported that missiles detected by the Russian early warning system could’ve been launched from an American vessel in Mediterranean for weather reconnaissance.

******

Israel said that it carried out a test of a missile, used as a target in a US-funded anti-missile system, in the Mediterranean on Tuesday. The Israeli Defence Ministry said hat it conducted the test at 09.15 local time (23.15 2 September PDT. 02.15 EDT. 07.15 UTC. 17.15 AEDT), about the same time that RIA-Novosti reported that Russian radar detected the launch of two ballistic “objects” in the Mediterranean.

3 September 2013

Voice of Russia World Service

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_09_03/Russia-s-anti-air-missile-radars-register-two-ballistic-launches-in-Mediterranean-Defense-Ministry-8581/

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_09_03/Russia-says-detects-two-missile-launches-in-Mediterranean-5348/

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_09_03/Ballistic-objects-detected-by-Russian-radar-fell-into-sea-source-in-Damascus-1478/

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_09_03/Syria-radar-system-did-not-detect-missiles-landing-in-Syria-Al-Manar-8261/

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_09_03/US-Navy-US-Air-Force-did-not-launch-ballistic-missiles-in-the-Mediterranean-US-official-6060/

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_09_03/US-ship-may-have-fired-rockets-for-weather-reconnaissance-2653/

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_09_03/Alleged-missile-launch-caused-by-Israeli-Defense-Ministry-testing-ABM-system-9613/

BREAKING NEWS… Minoborony Spots “Ballistic Attack” in Mediterranean

00 USA political cartoon missile defence

______________________________

Editor’s Foreword:

This is all that’s out there. Is this the beginning of yet another American aggression? Only further reports will clarify this…

BMD

******

On Tuesday, Minoborony announced that it’d detected the launch of two “ballistic targets” in the Mediterranean, citing reports from its ballistic missile early warning system.

3 September 2013

RIA-Novosti

http://en.ria.ru/world/20130903/183135898/Russia-Spots-Ballistic-Attack-in-Mediterranean–Defense-Ministry.html

Next Page »

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.