Click here for a bio of F N Glinka, one of the Decembrists. He was in prison for only a short time for his revolutionary ties (less than a year); Fyodor Nikolayevich remained an active public figure until his death in his 80s. In his 70s, he organised charitable work in Tver, including soup kitchens and craft schools for the poor.
Comments Off on 26 February 2017. A Thought from F N Glinka… What Is a Hero?
Click here for a bio of A N Radishchev, a novelist and poet of the late 18th-century. I M Born said of Aleksandr Nikolayevich:
He loved truth and virtue. His humanity made him ardently long to illumine all of his brethren with the radiant light of eternity.
Comments Off on 25 February 2017. A Thought from A N Radishchev… Russian People are Very Patient
Anti-Trump march in Austin TX
The following explains very well why Trump’s election was better for us than Chilly Hilly’s would’ve been. You see, she’s just as greedy, twice as stupid, three times as vindictive, but in a prettier package. Hilly would’ve had us in a war already and all the “Liberals” would be drooling their support. Now, we have no illusions. People see that cronyism, greed, corruption, perpetual warfare (and the Military Industrial Complex), and corporate mendacity are the real enemies that we face. Yes… many still drink the Chilly Hilly Kool-Aid. However, Trump’s election woke many people up. If the Dems want to win in 2020, they’d best nominate someone like Tulsi Gabbard or they’re going to go down for the count. To nominate Hilly or one of her greedster colleagues would be a disaster… but shall “Liberals” wake up and reclaim the New Deal legacy? That’s still undecided… choose wisely, for the fate of the nation IS at stake.
The Clintons made the Democratic Party into Republicans Lite. It’s time to throw them (and their hangers-on) out and go Left again. If not, the Dems die. That be the reality, kids…
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but it looks like Trump is actually making America great again. Just look at the progress made since the election:
- Unprecedented levels of ongoing civic engagement.
- Millions of Americans now know who their state and federal representatives are without having to Google.
- Millions of Americans are exercising more. They’re holding signs and marching every week.
- Alec Baldwin is great again. Everyone’s forgotten he’s kind of a jerk.
- The Postal Service is enjoying the influx cash due to stamps purchased by millions of people for letter and postcard campaigns.
- Likewise, the pharmaceutical industry is enjoying record growth in sales of antidepressants.
- Millions of Americans now know how to call their elected officials and know exactly what to say to be effective.
- Footage of town hall meetings is now entertaining.
- Tens of millions of people are now correctly spelling words like emoluments, narcissist, fascist, misogynist, holocaust, and cognitive dissonance.
- Everyone knows more about the rise of Hitler than last year.
- Everyone knows more about legislation, the branches of power, and how checks and balances work.
- Marginalised groups are experiencing a surge in white allies.
- White people in record numbers just learned that racism isn’t dead.
- White people in record numbers also finally understand that Obamacare IS the Affordable Care Act.
- Stephen Colbert’s Late Night finally gained the elusive #1 spot in late night talk shows, and Seth Meyers is finding his footing as today’s Jon Stewart.
- “Mike Pence” donated millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood since 9 November.
- Melissa FREAKING McCarthy.
- Travel ban protesters put 24 million USD (1.4 billion Roubles. 165.08 million Renminbi. 1.61 billion INR. 31.46 million CAD. 31.3 million AUD. 22.6 million Euros. 19.25 million UK Pounds) into ACLU coffers in just 48 hours, enabling them to hire 200 more attorneys. Lawyers are now heroes.
- As people seek veracity in their news sources, respected news outlets are happily reporting a substantial increase in subscriptions, a boon to a struggling industry vital to our democracy.
- Livestreaming court cases and congressional sessions are now as popular as the Kardashians.
- Massive cleanup of Facebook friend lists.
- People are reading classic literature again. Sales of George Orwell’s 1984 increased 10,000 percent after the inauguration. (Yes, that’s true… 10,000 percent. 9th grade Lit teachers all over the country are now rock stars.)
- More than ever before, Americans are aware that education is important. Like, super important.
- Now, more than any time in history, everyone believes that anyone can be President. Seriously, anyone.
19 February 2017
Comments Off on Trump’s Election… A Different View
The crackbrained “conservatives” are fond of telling us that women are unsuitable to face the rigours of combat. I’d submit that the story of Milunka Savić debunks that rightwing fable. She fought in the Balkan Wars and the First World War, and won many decorations, including foreign ones, for her bravery. Yes… this may only apply to only some women… but that cohort should have the right to fight (indeed, there are many women fighting in the patriot forces in the Donbass against the Uniate fascist aggressors today).
Oppose all lunatic rightwingers (especially, “libertarians” and so-called “paleocons”) wherever you may find them. They’re ravening enemies of decency, humanity, and true spirituality. No good can come of any “dialogue” with such sorts. They’ve chosen to follow a monstrous ideology (Libertarianism in particular and “conservatism” in general put too much trust in the basic goodness and perfectibility of mankind). Trust me, you and I can’t change that. We can only wait and hope for the best.
Comments Off on 18 February 2017. Milunka Savić… Serbia’s Warrior Heroine