As none of the usual cast of Renovationist suspects gives you any info on the REAL movers and shakers in Russian Orthodoxy in English (except for phonies such as the Blunder), I’m going to, from time to time, translate the CVs of the REAL actors. You may safely disregard all the bloviating from oca.org, Stokoe, Jacobses, Honeycutt, Freeman, Matthews-Greene, Dreher, and all the rest of that scurvy crew. THEY want to keep you ignorant. I believe in giving you the truth… and the truth will set you free. Remember… the entrenched apparatchiki and their konvertsy allies fear informed people… I wonder why?
Born 31 March 1968, Archpriest of the Patriarchate of Moscow and all the Russias, on 31 March 2009, he became Chairman of the MP Department for the Interaction of Church and Society, member of the RF Public Chamber since 24 September 2009. Rector of St Nicholas of the Three Hills parish in Moscow. He’s reputed to be personally and intellectually close to Patriarch Kirill Gundyaev of Moscow and all the Russias.
At the Dialogue of Civilisations in Rhodes GREECE. From left: an aide, Fr Vsevolod, an interpreter, Iranian Ayatollah Mohammad-Ali Taskhiri (1948- ), and Rav Berel Lazar (1964- ), the Chief Rabbi of Russia
Facts and Details
He was born into an agnostic academic family. He studied at Secondary School nr 836 in Golyanovo Raion in the City of Moscow. At the age of 12, he decided that he would study the humanities, and refused to enrol in a course in organic chemistry at school. After leaving school in 1985, he joined the staff of the MP Publications Department, on the recommendation of the Head of the MP Publications Department, Metropolitan Pitirim Nechaev, he entered the Moscow Theological Seminary (the MDS is a separate institution from the MDA), graduating in 1990. From October 1990 to March 2009, he served in the MP Department for External Church Relations under the leadership of Kirill Gundyaev, first, as an ordinary staffer (1990-91), then, Head of the Public Relations Section (1991-97), Secretary (1997-2001), and, finally, Deputy Chairman (2001-09). Vsevolod Anatolyevich took external courses from the Moscow Theological Academy (MDA) from 1990 to 1994, before the end of which he was ordained a deacon (21 April 1991), and, then, to the priesthood (7 January 1992). His thesis was The Problem of the Relation of Natural and Divinely-Revealed New Testament Ethics in Modern Foreign Heterodox and Non-Christian Thought (Проблема соотношения естественной и богооткровенной новозаветной этики в современной зарубежной инославной и нехристианской мысли).
From 4 March 1996 to 14 May 1997 and from 28 May 2009 onwards, he was a member of the Board for the Interaction of Religious Associations with the RF President. In 1999, Vsevolod Anatolyevich received the rank of Archpriest. Member of the Central Committees of the World Council of Churches (WCC) and the Conference of European Churches (CEC), Moderator of the CEC Commission on Church and Society, and a member of the WCC Commission on International Affairs, the Advisory Council of the RF Gosduma Committee on Public Associations and Religious Organisations, and the Expert Group of the OSCE on Freedom of Religion and Belief. On 31 March 2009, he became Chairman of the new MP Department for the Interaction of Church and Society. He’s the Chairman of the MP Patriarchal Expert Council on Economics and Ethics and an Associate Professor at St Tikhon Orthodox Humanities University (PSTGU) in Moscow. On 4 January 2010, he was a member of the Russian Organising Committee “Victory”, and, on 26 July 2010, he became a member of the MP Patriarchal Council on the Arts.
He’s host of the broadcast programmes The Hour of Confidence (Час доверия) (RSN (Russian News Service) radio network) (107.0 FM in Moscow), Commentary on the Week (Комментарий недели) (TV Soyuz), and The Main Thing (О главном) (Radonezh/Voice of Russia). He’s a Member of the Writers’ Union of Russia and a Full Member of the Academy of Russian Literature. Vsevolod Anatolyevich is married, but he and his wife have no children.
An informed source tells me that his nickname’s “Charlie”…
- Opposed people confusing the words “religion” and “confession”, saying that “confession” only applies to Christian groups
- Made positive comments on Stalin and Ksenia Sobchak, but spoke negatively of Madonna
- Advocated the establishment of an “Orthodox People’s Militia” (православных народных дружин) to help patrol the streets
- Spoke out against euthanasia; opposed to anonymous posting on the Internet
- Criticised the teaching of Darwin’s theory on the origin of mankind and the conventional idea that faith is an intimate thing; Fr Vsevolod refuses to take part in public prayer together with Christians of other confessions
- Believes that the Russian girls have to be “more sober in appearance”, to avoid rape. In addition, proposed an all-Russian dress code
- An interview of 12 July 2010, supposedly with Fr Vsevolod, in which he allegedly voiced support for a bill to impose criminal liability for “opposition to Orthodoxy” (heresy) proved to be false, despite reports in the Russian media. On 15 July, Fr Vsevolod publicly denied it, calling it a lie. The source of the message was the pseudo-information website Smixer.ru
- Order of Friendship (21 January 2009), for great contributions to the development of spiritual culture and friendship between peoples
- The Order of Holy Prince Daniel of Moscow, 2nd Class (2010)
- The Order of Holy Prince Daniel of Moscow, 3rd Class (1996)
- The Order of St Innocent, Metropolitan of Moscow (2005)
- Medal “For Peace And Harmony Between Peoples” (International Federation for Peace and Harmony) (2007), for active participation in peacemaking, charity work, strengthening peace and mutual understanding, cooperation among peoples, and for strengthening relations and fruitful interaction between regional diocesan and secular volunteer organisations
- The Order of St Anna of the Russian Imperial House, 2nd Class
7 February 2011
Wikipedia (Russian edition)
I think I know why the pseudo-intellectual poseurs at SVS don’t tell you about Fr Vsevolod… he doesn’t write books… he goes out and actually does things… what a concept! To DO something… not just talk about it… who woulda thunk it? Nevertheless… my Moscow acquaintances tell me that Vsevolod Anatolyevich is KMG’s CLOSEST confidant, along with Mark Golovkov. Don’t be fooled by the Blunder’s flawless English and picture-perfect exterior. The fact that the konvertsy are all gaga over him proves my contention that they’re the most superficial and vacuous lot on the face of the planet. After all, the Blunder failed miserably in England and the Der Spiegel guys cut him a new one in public. As John Cleese would say, “Now, for something entirely different”. Look at Vsevolod Anatolyevich’s CV and compare him to the Blunder… you can have a pretty wordsmith or you can have a down n’ dirty stump puller. I prefer the latter… what about you?
Oh… one last thing… did you note that Fathausen didn’t meet publicly with either Vladyki Mark or Vsevolod Anatolyevich whilst he was at the Centre? I just thought that you’d find that interesting…